Monday, August 26, 2013

"Jobs":Wozniak Dismisses Kutcher Version of Events

The film "Jobs" starring Ashton Kutcher and Lesley Anne Warren was released August 16.*I thought the acting was great,said Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak on Bloomberg TV.There were a lot of things wrong with the film.Ashton was too much of this fan thing,as in a great cult leader.Steve Jobs in real life kept trying to make his own computer.He failed with the Apple 3,with the MacIntosh.He was trying to kill the Apple 2 and do very unrealistic things to it.*In portraying the early days of the company,Kutcher was over-glorifying Jobs,dismissing others who were really giving Steve Jobs the goods.I read an early script and we kind of abhorred it.I was in a busy time.I am consulting in another film about Jobs,the Sorkin film,but Kutcher could have called me any time,and he didn't.*Steve Jobs was not that good at making a profit initially-not until he came back after having been fired.He was a visionary.He was always very friendly and nice to me.He was the greatest tech leader of our lives.He did a lot to make our lives better.*I really admire Steve Jobs,but I wasn't entertained by the Kutcher movie.*As for Apple today,the hot products don't happen every year-consider the prolongation of the iPhone.They usually do it by keeping things secret.I wouldn't judge Apple as being out of the innovation field yet.Sometimes Apple has a big surprise,Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak cautioned.*"Jobs" has an IMDb rating of 5.4 out of 10.In sum,Wozniak thought the acting was great,but didn't feel this movie about his colleague and friend Steve Jobs was an accurate version of events.*"Jobs" is currently showing in US theaters.The trailer is available on the IMDb website.*Apple,Inc(AAPL)

No comments: