Monday, May 2, 2011

Ford Comes Recommended

Ford Motor Company has reported its Q1 earnings.Ford is without question the auto manufacturer that I want to own,says Gary Bradshaw of Hodges Capital Management.Their numbers are excellent and I think Ford will build on that momentum going forward.
I think we're still early in the cycle.Out a couple of years,we could see earnings at 3+.At that level,I think Ford is an excellent value.
I think there's a lot of pent-up demand for cars;you can't just drive them forever.Ford had great margins as well as revenue.Alan Mulally and his team have done a great job of being profitable.He's doing everything right at the moment.I think he is the best manager there is out there,Mr.Bradshaw concluded.
Ford had its best quarter since 1998.Profits were up 22%.CEO Alan Mulally said they're gonna add 7,000 new jobs over the next two years.When you have the strength of the product line,it shows the power of free cash flow.We have paid back 15 billion in debt the past year,Mr.Mulally pointed out.
Ford cautioned,however,that the cost of production and materials will go up again next year.That could crimp profit margins.
Ford Motor Company(F)

No comments: