Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Back Home From Open Heart Surgery

I was discharged from the hospital Tuesday,having had the traditional chest-splitting for heart valve repair.I have an artificial annuloplasty ring in my heart now.
The first night at home was strange.I felt as though my bedroom was high off the ground,though it really wasn't.Everything was somehow altered.Then there were the firefly hallucinations.I still have them.
I also arrived home with a metallic taste in my mouth.That seemed to fade today when I ate some pastry,but then resurged.It is possibly caused by ACE inhibitor drugs such as ramipril,which lower blood pressure,as there are anecdotes to that effect on the Internet.The burning sensation from the breathing tube down my throat has receded permanently.
I am working hard to re-establish normalcy.

No comments: