Thursday, March 3, 2011

Letter to My Readers

Dear Readers,
Please note that this Friday's post will be published in the International Daybook blog,available in the link list in the left column.It deals with a distinguished researcher at the University of Maryland Baltimore,Dr.Claire M. Fraser-Liggett,one of America's leading women in science,and the new Institute for Genomic Sciences she heads,which is of global stature.
On a personal level,it is possible I will be on medical leave for at least part of the month of April.In that case,the posts may be fewer or absent entirely.I am dealing with heart valve disease.
If I am away for awhile next month,it would be a good time for readers to go back into the archives and catch up on their reading.As well,a number of current articles by other journalists will be available in the left hand column.You can still get plenty of information here and I will keep you informed about my status as best I can.
I really appreciate all of your interest in these important topics.
Sincerely,
Andrew Taylor
P.S. For those who are interested in biotech,the exchange-traded fund listed below has long been a favorite.It covers 126 holdings.
iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology Index Fund(IBB)

No comments: