Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Warren Buffett and Common Sense in Business

In retail,your competition is always moving,said Berkshire Hathaway CEO and noted billionaire Warren Buffett,referring to JC Penney's current difficulties.
I do not care whether Berkshire Vice Chairman Charlie Munger's in the office or not.He's always got Berkshire on his mind.I only talk to him about once a week.
I feel very good about my three children.
Low interest rates could pose a problem for insurance companies down the road.When you roll over bonds,you're getting a lower rate.The profitability is going down because of that.They own a lot of bonds.
Of all my companies,I would keep GEICO because of sentimental reasons.It goes back early in my life.
Airlines have all the ingredients of a bad business.
People can buy a low cost index fund and participate in the future of America and they should forget about it for five years,and they should be fine.You can own index funds for a very low cost and get the same performance as people who charge you a whole lot more.
I think we live in the best country in the world and we will solve our problems.
Buffett represents American industry and American business,according to CNBC's Jim Cramer.The common sense in his annual letter is so much fun.
If Apple don't do anything with their cash,they are becoming the anti-Buffett.He'd rather buy a business than keep cash.He's a thoughtful man for many years.I like him.
Berkshire Hathaway(BRKb)

No comments: